Who We Are
Indiana Industrial Energy Consumers, Inc. (INDIEC) represents large volume users of energy. Formed in the mid-80’s so that large users of energy had an independent voice, INDIEC has 27 member companies. INDIEC was founded on five important principles:
- Public Utility Rates to all classes should be based on cost of service principles.
- Public Utilities must be provided with the opportunity to earn a fair rate of return on their investment.
- Public Utility Rates should reflect efficient operation.
- State Regulatory processes must be responsible and timely.
- Administrative, Legislative and Regulatory bodies should actively pursue energy policies that preserve the existing industrial and economic base and related employment and promote economic growth in the State of Indiana.
INDIEC membership is open to all large volume energy consumers operating manufacturing facilities served under industrial public utility tariffs within the State of Indiana. Any member must support the principles of INDIEC and meet the approval of the Board. You may be eligible to become an affiliate member. Participation in INDIEC is valuable because:
- The latest news on pending Indiana regulatory proceedings affecting competitive market developments.
- Up to date information about Indiana legislative proposals and the potential effect of such legislation on the cost and reliability of energy.
- Participation in INDIEC’s regular monthly business meetings, special meetings, workshops, conferences, and receptions.
- Participation in and information about ad hoc groups who wish to intervene in rate and service proceedings of specific utilities.
- Participation in special INDIEC Vendor-Affiliate meeting held in conjunction with the Indiana Energy Conference.